Do you still need some last minute Christmas gift ideas for some people on your Christmas list?
Keep reading for inexpensive (and even free) gifts that you can get into your loved one’s hands by Christmas Day on December 25th.
9 Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
If you’re looking for the perfect gift to give before Christmas Day arrives, but don’t have much time or money left to spend on it, don’t worry! There are plenty of last minute Christmas gifts that you can give without breaking the bank. From homemade treats and thoughtful gestures to creative items available online or in stores, these gift ideas will help you find something special for friends, family members, or coworkers without all the hassle. Keep reading to discover the perfect last minute Christmas gift for everyone on your list.
1. Gift Cards
You can never go wrong with gift cards or gift certificates to somewhere that your recipient shops at. Most stores have gift cards that you can order online, which make great last minute gifts. You can buy a gift card in any amount and your recipient can use it to purchase anything they like from the store of their choice. Here’s our gift card picks for last minute Christmas gift ideas:
- Amazon Gift Cards – Amazon carries everything! And Amazon gift cards never expire. Send by e-mail, print at home or mail with free shipping!
- Restaurant.com – Get a $25 Gift Certificate for only $5 with Promo Code: FIVE – Thousands of restaurants participate across the country. Buy, print and give. Or even go out to eat for Christmas dinner!
- Spa Finder – One card is accepted at over 25,000+ participating spas, fitness locations and wellness practitioners worldwide and can be used for massages, facials, beauty products, yoga classes and more. Email, print or mail. Cards never expire.
2. Order Online, Pick Up Instore
Save time by ordering online and picking up your purchase instore – most stores nowadays even offer curbside deliver! This is a great way to avoid the crowded aisles of other last-minute shoppers! We’ve compiled a list of the most popular stores with instore pickup available:
- Target – Order by 6pm on Christmas Eve to get your order by 8pm with free pickup. Or if you are a Shipt member, get free same day delivery. Don’t forget to use your Target Redcard at checkout for extra 5% off your order.
- Walgreens – One hour pickup is available for photo cards and gifts.
- Walmart – Same day curbside pickup and in-store pickup is available. And if you have Walmart+, you can even get same-day delivery to your door.
3. Subscriptions & Services
A subscription to their favorite streaming service, magazine, or website is always appreciated! If you know someone who would benefit from a service such as grocery delivery or meal delivery, why not give the gift of convenience this Christmas?
Magazines subscriptions make great gifts, especially for the elderly that don’t use the internet! Most merchants offer a printable certificate or you could buy a single issue at the store with a note saying more issues are on their way!
If you can’t be home for Christmas (and any other holiday or special occasion), why not send flowers? I guarantee Mom or Grandma or anyone will love fresh flowers delivered to them! Not all men may admit it, but they like receiving flowers as well as it’s the thought that counts. You can opt to add on a gourmet food basket or box of chocolates to your bouquet.
Not all gifts have to be physical items. Consider giving the gift of an experience, such as a class, tour, or tickets to a show. This is especially great for those who prefer experiences over material items.
6. Homemade Treats
From a batch of freshly baked cookies to a jar of homemade jam, nothing says “I care” like a homemade treat. These kinds of gifts can be tailored to their favorite flavors or you can even give them a selection of different items.
7. Thoughtful Gestures
If you don’t have the time or money to get a physical gift, consider giving them a thoughtful gesture instead. This can include offering to do their laundry for the week, writing them a letter of appreciation or even giving them an extra hour of sleep in the morning.
8. Creative Items
Whether it’s a “happy” jar full of notes and memories or a handmade gift basket full of their favorite things, there are plenty of creative items you can get for your loved one as a last minute Christmas gift.
9. Free Holiday eCards
Every year less and less people are sending out stamped Christmas cards, thanks to the internet. Save postage and let your friends and family know that you are thinking about them by sending them an e-Card! Include a photo of the family for personalization. Here are some Christmas baby photoshoot ideas.
- DaySpring – Ecards feature meaningful messages and inspiring Scriptures.
- JibJab – Create free funny and cute Christmas videos starring your family and friends.
No matter what last minute Christmas gifts you decide to give, remember that it’s the thought that counts. Your loved one will appreciate your effort and thoughtfulness, no matter what gift you give.
Don’t let the pressure of last minute gift buying stress you out this holiday season. With these great last minute Christmas gift ideas, you can find the perfect present for everyone on your list without breaking the bank. Whether it’s a thoughtful gesture or creative item, these gifts are sure to put a smile on your loved one’s face. While you’re at it, smile at strangers. And pray for peace. Merry Christmas!